Friday, November 30, 2007

Scariest Sound

2 days ago in the wee hours of the morning, I heard the scariest sound that made me jumped out of my bed and nearly out of my skin. It was like one of my nightmares came true! "WHY MEEEEEE? WHY MEEEE?"... I asked myself....

The sound...
Pager

Yeah no kidding... it was the scariest sound.

In my company, all engineers are required to be standby support for our clients at least a week in a month. So every week, there will be 2 people doing the support. This week is my turn. When the pager beeps, it basically means that there is an issue reported by our clients that need urgent attention. Most of the time, we do not get many of such cases.

However this week seems to be my "lucky" week... cos I got a page! Besides that page, there were also a few other issues that arised needing attention.

Not being familiar with the technical aspects of my company's products made it worse. I was practically unsure of what to do. Luckily I have good experienced colleagues who helped and guided me a lot. I guess as I learn more about all these, I will be more comfortable having the pager around. Till then, the beeping sound still gives me the jitters.

Well, there are 3 more days before I can pass the pager to someone else. It almost feels like letting go of a burning coal from your hand. At the meantime, I pray hard that the pager remains very silent....

Worried

Recent Related Posts



Widget by Hoctro | Jack Book