Thursday, October 25, 2007

Blood Ties

In between juggling my work tasks for 2 projects, I managed to catch up via MSN with a dear friend of mine whose dad was recently admitted to the hospital. Her dad fainted at home due to low sodium level and was hospitalised. He is doing fine and slowly recuperating now. She shared with me the sequence of events (also written in her blog) and how she felt when she received the call about her dad...the kind of panic, worry and fear that she had to go through.

I could totally relate to how she felt... the kind of panic, worry and fear.... as my family faced the same thing 2 years ago. My dad fainted while having a karaoke session (yes...don't laugh!) with his friends. He had a minor stroke. I could still remember the mixed emotions I felt when driving back to my hometown which was 1.5 hours away. Anyway my dad got through that and although still weak, he is fine. Click here to read the whole ordeal that I posted in my old blog.

You see, that's the thing. Family will always be family.

No matter you are near or far from your family members, when unfortunate event befalls them, you will feel it.
No matter you spend a lot or little time with them, when bad things happen to them, you will feel it.
No matter you are in good terms or in bad terms with them, when unlucky things happen to them, you will feel it.

Guess that's why it's called "Blood Ties".

Recent Related Posts



Widget by Hoctro | Jack Book