Sunday, August 26, 2007

Bad Report

Got my blood test report back yesterday. I have been trying to make it a routine to get my blood checked every year although I skipped that last year. I usually go to Pathlab for this.

Anyway my report is noooooooo gooooood. You know like in your school exam papers when you made any mistakes and the teachers would highlight them with red ink?.....well in Pathlab's reports they would highlight those test results which fell out of the healthy range. They do this using the fluorescent yellow highlighter though.

My report has quite a bit of highlighting done.. :-(


My main problem was low HDL cholesterol (good cholesterol), borderline LDL cholesterol (bad cholesterol) and high triglycerides (fats!). The other problems were pretty minor and due to stress, sleeping late and too much of beans intake (yeah...I took too much of soya bean milk!!).

The consultant who explained my report to me told me that I need to really adjust my diet due to my cholesterol levels. She said with my slim size (did I tell you how much I liked her??), the fats could easily cover most part of my blood vessels.

Looks like its bye-bye to all my favourite food like nasi lemak, rendang, curry, fried kuey teow etc etc... oh dear, why am I feeling depressed writing these... :-(


Char Kuey Teow
Mmmmm...

Nasi Lemak
Oooooooo...

Beef Rendang
Yummy.....

I think I should just go kill myself now.

Oh... and I will need to start my gym routine again....and it's no longer for vanity sake!

Recent Related Posts



Widget by Hoctro | Jack Book