Monday, June 30, 2008

Henderson Waves

In my recent trip to Singapore (yes, again...), I didn't do much. It's my usual style where when it's an over the weekend type of trip, I would just chill out and relax. So instead of trying to cover as many places as possible; I would sleep till late, check out the shopping complexes and attempt to experience the usual Singaporean life.

As simple as it may seems, I do have highlights in every of my short trips; may it be in Bangkok or Singapore (so far, these are the 2 places that I always go to for short trips). This time around, it was Henderson Waves. No...it's not for surfing... but it is as cool as surfing.

Henderson Waves is a pedestrian bridge that sits high across the Henderson Road. It connects Mount Faber Park to Telok Blangah Hill Park. This bridge is really cool. It is the highest pedestrian bridge in Singapore... and the thing is, it doesn't look like any usual pedestrian bridge that I have seen before.

This bridge is a public facility done up by the Singaporean government for its people. Looking at all these free, beneficial and well maintained public facilities around Singapore, I couldn't help but to think on how well their taxpayers' money are spent; as opposed to us over here who have no single clue where our blood, sweat and tears go to. Sigh...

Recent Related Posts



Widget by Hoctro | Jack Book