Sunday, May 11, 2008

Life is uncertain

This morning I was awaken by a text message to my phone. Upon checking it, I was at daze and wasn't sure whether I was having a nightmare or what.

The text message informed me that a friend of mine is diagnosed with lung cancer.

After I gained my composure back, the first thing that came to my mind was "but she doesn't even smoke!!!". Then the other questions ensued... some of them were not even rational.

I wasn't sure what to do. Calling her and asking about it would probably mean that she needed to repeat the whole story again for god knows how many times. So I thought that wouldn't be the right thing to do. Later in the day, I sent her a text message and she replied saying that she will be strong in going through this.

Sigh....life is really so uncertain. When things happen, they just happen without any apparent reason. Anyone is susceptible to this. I need to remind myself to be happy and enjoy life; and not sweat the small stuff.

Recent Related Posts



Widget by Hoctro | Jack Book