Thursday, December 11, 2008

Change Operator Logo on your WM device

With my current obsession with DiGi and my staying home during the Sultan Selangor's birthday, I discovered from some forums that I can customise the operator logo that appears on my LG KS20 PDA phone. Before this, it was only appearing as "DiGi" in a text format. I wanted to "glam" it up a little bit.

And now, it looks like this:

It's really simple to do this but bear in mind that this only applies to Windows Mobile devices. My phone is in WM6 and I believe it should also work for WM5 and WM6.1. Not sure about the other versions of WM.

Firstly, you need to create a picture with the height of 20 pixels. As for the length, it can be any length that is less or equal to 120 pixels. After you have created this picture, save it as "carrierlogo.gif". (If you like mine, you can get it here)

Then save this picture to your WM device's Windows directory. After that, soft reset your device and you should see your new operator logo!

P/S I am not sure whether the same logo will be displayed when you switch your SIM card to another service provider's or when you roam in other countries. I think it will stay the same. Anyhow if you know, tell me!

Recent Related Posts



Widget by Hoctro | Jack Book