Tuesday, March 18, 2008

LG KS20

I did it!!! I couldn't control myself any longer and I did it!!

Last Sunday I went to Lowyat and bought this beauty that I have been ogling at from websites and brochures.

Ladies and gentlemen, let me introduce you to my new love - LG KS20!

Since then I have been spending much more time at home playing around with my new phone, customising it and hunt the net for nice softwares to install. This is actually a good thing as I am too broke now to frolic outside.

There are some glitches here and there; some which I managed to troubleshoot, some still outstanding. I tell you, the feeling when you finally get the problem solved was ecstasy... like the time when I finally figured out how to pair my new baby with my bluetooth handsfree.

This is my first 3G phone and having my first video call was like... again ecstasy. I did check on the charges though.. for Maxis to Maxis or Maxis to other network, it's charged like your usual voice call rate. That's a good deal right? I just have to find more friends who have 3G phones to video call with.

However I am having problems sending MMS although receiving is okay. I called Maxis CSR a few times but they could not help me as this is a very new model and they don't have the settings yet. They asked me to go to any Maxis Center so that the people there can set them up manually.
** Update: Found out the root cause and it's nothing to do with my MMS settings. My contact numbers have a space between the country prefix and the number (+xx xxxxxxxxx). This is automatically set by Outlook for contacts and when synched, I got that in my phone too. When I remove the space and send the MMS, it worked!

The camera is really good! Although it's only 2 megapixels like my old phone, the quality and shutter speed are so much better. Somemore auto focus leh...

Old (HP rx6828) vs New (LG KS20)

Like any Windows product, I did get a few "hanged" moments but after resetting, it is working fine again. The "hanging" part happened when I was installing some softwares... guess some of them were just not compatible... you know, like some people with some people.

At the moment, some of the outstanding issues I hope to find solutions to are:
- Problem logging into Skype through this device. Connected via WIFI. Kept keeping the error message "Cannot connect to Skype. Please check your connection".
**Update: Oh I managed to get this working. After installing or uninstalling the programs, it's good to do a soft reset. I did it and my Skype can connect now. Problem is I can't use it to make VOIP call. The voice quality is very badly chopped up. This apparently is due to Skype not compatible with the Qualcomm chipset in KS20.
- Setting up Activesync to my device via bluetooth. Well...I never had this luck with my previous phone too.

For professional review of this phone, you can go here and here.

Recent Related Posts



Widget by Hoctro | Jack Book