Tuesday, September 2, 2008

I Should Not

Call me "chicken" all you like, but I have decided to postpone my trip to Bangkok.

Last night I told my travel partner that we will proceed with our plans unless situation got worse and Thailand declared a state of emergency.

This morning when I got into my office, a friend who is working in Bangkok MSN'ed me and informed me that the Prime Minister has declared a state of emergency for Bangkok after some serious clashes between the anti-government protesters with the pro-government that left at least one person killed and about 40 injured.

That was the deal breaker that convinced me that I should not go. What's the point of going for a holiday but having so much worries in mind.

Anyhow I do hope the situation there will become better soon... for the Thai people as well as for travellers like me!

Recent Related Posts



Widget by Hoctro | Jack Book