Sunday, July 20, 2008

Homemade Dog Gate

Previously I have been leaving Axel to roam free in my living room at night when I go to sleep. He never failed to leave 3 puddles of mess for me in the morning to clean up. So I thought it would be better for me to restrict him to the corridor in front of my room. Moreover the toilet is there and he will be forced to use it when he needs to relieve himself.

So the next thing that I needed to think of was how to limit his roaming space to just within the corridor. I tried to use my sister's baby gate to block the passage to the living room but it is not wide enough. I tried to look for a dog's gate but couldn't find any. So I have to resort to "creating" one myself... with IKEA DIY shower curtain rods and Axel's playpen fencing. I only put the fencing up onto the shower curtain rods at night when I sleep.

Axel on the living room side

Axel on the corridor side

When the fencing are not in place, the rods serve as a jump hurdle for Axel... which is good for his exercise.

I have been using this homemade dog gate for more than a week now, and I have to say that so far it's been really successful. At least in the morning when I get up, there's no mess to clean up... and I didn't need to spend so much money as compared to buying a ready made dog gate from the stores.

Dog gate "enabled"

Recent Related Posts



Widget by Hoctro | Jack Book