Tuesday, October 9, 2007

Give... and help save lives

I feel that most of the time, I forgot to count my own blessings. I often complained about how my current life is. Come to think of it, my life is not really that bad. It's true I don't have a luxurious house to live in, ... I don't drive an expensive car, ... I don't have branded stuff to flaunt .... but as far as I could remember, I never starved a single day of my life. Even if there was such a day, it was very much my own choice.

Not everyone is given this choice. One child dies of hunger every four seconds in the world. Hunger and malnutrition are still the number one risk to health worldwide. We have seen all these from the news, documentaries and prints.. but we couldn't relate to them as we have never been in that situation.

Hungry ChildIt's very much like the case when we could not finish our meal and someone would attempt to send us down the guilty trip by reminding us about the starving people out there. I don't think most of us actually took that trip, right?

HungerAnyhow, there is something that we can do to help out. Recently KFC and Pizza Hut have joined their hands with World Food Programme for the Hunger Relief Campaign. Globally, the campaign is from 14th Oct to 21st Oct. However for Malaysia, it is held from 2nd Oct to 31st Oct to coincide with the Ramadhan month.

You can do your part by purchasing the bookmarks (RM1 each) and/or postcards (RM5 for a pack of 5) in any KFC or Pizza Hut outlets. All proceeds will go to the World Food Programme.

I played a small part today. What about you? "Give... and help save lives".

postcards

The best portion of a good man's life -
his little, nameless, unremembered
acts of kindness and love.
~William Wordsworth

Recent Related Posts



Widget by Hoctro | Jack Book