Saturday, October 20, 2007

External Motivation

So what do you do when you know you should be doing something but you keep avoiding it?

Well... that is when motivation can play a part.

Motivation can be internal or external. Sometimes it's hard to cultivate internal motivation, so that is when external motivation comes in. Hopefully this external influence will be able to create a little spark that will fire up the internal motivation. Make sense?

You see, I haven't been going to the gym as often as I would like to. I think I have only been going twice in a month recently. Such a waste of membership money. Just couldn't get myself to go... there would always be excuses playing in my mind justifying - flu la, cough la, neck pain la, late night la. The internal motivation was definitely not there. I had to seek for external inspiration... So I got myself a new pair of sport shoes from "Why Pay More" in Midvalley just now.

Reebok Zenon Runner
Reebok Zenon RunnerI know, I know... it is not Nike. It is not even the latest model from Reebok. It is possibly a hundred years old to be sold at such a low price in "Why Pay More" store. However a shoe is still a shoe.... they still serve the same original purpose..i.e to cover your feet.

Besides that, this model (Reebok Zenon Runner) has quite a number of interesting features:

  • Lightweight
  • Featuring the IMEVA midsole for lightweight cushioning
  • Diamond lug outsole for excellent traction on all surfaces
  • 2 layer mesh upper for breathability and durability

Together with the discount as the sales period is still on, I got this for only RM79. RM79 for a pair of Reebok! Not bad at all... Oh, and it's not fake, okay???

Now I am all fueled up to try out my new pair of shoes in the gym! Hope not long after, I will get a body like this (I will continue to dream):

Hunk See what a little external motivation can do?

Recent Related Posts



Widget by Hoctro | Jack Book