Thursday, September 10, 2009

Where is that uncle?

Usually when I do not have any after work plans, I would just go and pack my dinner at this foodcourt nearby my office. There is this malay chicken rice stall that I frequently patronise, just because I know I wouldn't need to wait so long for the chicken rice to be prepared.

This evening, I went to the same shop but decided to order fried rice with chicken instead. With the buka puasa crowd, I had to wait for a while. So I chose to sit at one of the benches by the side of the chicken rice stall.

As I was looking around at all the people eating there, I suddenly heard the malay lady from the chicken rice stall asking another lady. "Mana uncle itu ah?" (Translation: Where is that uncle?)

I immediately felt my stomach being sucked in and prayed that she was not referring to me. I actually avoided eye contact with her! I am sorry but I really couldn't face it when some strangers start calling me uncle!

I could see her holding this polystyrene meal box and I was like "Sh*t! she is really looking for me!" and decided there and then that I would never again return to this stall.

I saw her eyes scanning around and finally noticing me..... and then continued her search. I was like "Phewwwwww". Not long after, this uncle with a lot of plastic bags came by and took the meal box from the malay lady.

I smiled to myself and knew I need to blog about this. I had almost a similar incident with an economy rice lady not too long ago. I guess when my age is climbing up and my hairline too, you can't blame me for being so sensitive about this.

When it came to my turn, the malay lady called me "boss"... which sounded like music to my ears. I may have tipped her 50 cents for that! ;-p

Recent Related Posts



Widget by Hoctro | Jack Book