Friday, May 22, 2009

Tweet Tweet

I have jumped onto the Twitter's bandwagon (in case you don't see my tweets on my sidebar)!!! I know I am a bit of late bloomer here, but I am sure some of you may be worse, hehehe.

I was overcame by my curiosity over the whole Twitter hype and created an account with them. Honestly at the beginning, I was rather skeptical about the whole thing. I couldn't understand what the fuss is all about.

With Twitter, you are supposed to disclose "What are you doing?" and your disclosure is available for the whole world to see. Sounded like some sort of exhibitionist's behavior, didn't it? Well... I have a blog, so that's not something new. ;-p

Anyway I proceeded to play along. After all if you really want to experience something, you need to follow through and see how it felt like, right? So at every chance of letting the whole world know what I was doing or thinking or feeling, I would update my Twitter account. These updates are called "tweets".

Besides sending out your tweets, you can also follow someone else's tweets. Whenever this person sends out an update, you will see those in your Twitter account.

After going with the flow for a while, I realised that I slowly became addicted to it. Yeah... it is fun and informative. Besides knowing what your friends are up to, you get to see the headlines of recent news on your topics of interests... in a very quick and simple way! I am a convert now although I know there are not many people out there who cared about "what I am doing". Call me "syok sendiri" all you want! :-p

So with my new mild addiction, I tend to try updating my tweets as much as possible. The thing is, I am not always in front of the PC or the laptop. Thank goodness for my Windows Mobile PDA Phone, LG KS20. Whenever there is an internet connection (Wifi, 3G, Edge, GPRS etc), I have no worries about not being able to access my Twitter account, as there are many Windows Mobile Twitter client applications out there. I tried a few and decided to stick with Twikini. Know why?

For one, it has this icon:

Get what I mean? A fish in a fishbowl...... fishdiary resurrection... get it? get it? No? Scroll down to the bottom of this page and perhaps you will get what I mean.

Haha, well of course that's not the only reason. I have used it since I started twittering when it was still in its beta version.

I found it to be really easy to use and straight forward. Basically whatever I can do on the Twitter website, I can do it using Twikini. Interesting!

Seems like I will be twittering for a while now especially when it has became so convenient. I do still have lots to learn though... like uploading my pictures into Twitter etc. I know blogging and twittering are two different things, but in my opinion they complement each other. What do you think?

Anyway, in case you have a twitter account or going to set up one, let me know so that I can "follow" you. It's fun, really!

Recent Related Posts



Widget by Hoctro | Jack Book