Saturday, January 23, 2010

Politics, Politics

I am never a person who is interested in politics, no matter how colorful it is... for instance, like our beloved country's politics scene which is like a long boring soap opera. Unfortunately no matter how I dislike them, I still need to know what's going on so that I can make my decision when it comes to voting time again. Even so, I still feel ashamed and depressed whenever I see how politics are used for one's own gains.

Politics do not just stop there. It is everywhere - at work, among friends and even in families. Perhaps this is how humans are built. Perhaps we are built with this defense mechanism and protectiveness towards our own interests that give us the sense of security. So whether it is to gain something, out of jealousy or merely just to vent our dissatisfaction towards someone or something, politics happen.

Sad thing is, those "innocent" ones without all these interests do get caught up in the politics conjured, and not by their own will.

"Whose side are you on?"

At times it's a no brainer to this question, at times it's really a mind boggling one. For these people, they sometimes ended up as the casualties... you know like the Malay saying "Dua gajah bertembung, pelanduk mati di tengah".

So no matter how uninvolved you want to be, sometimes it's really not your choice. Just have to learn how to protect your own ass so that you don't end up as the "pelanduk".

Politics, politics... you can't live with them, and you can't live without them either.

Know why I became a hermit with a cute dog? Cause between Axel and me, we definitely have no politics. ;-p


Recent Related Posts



Widget by Hoctro | Jack Book