Monday, October 13, 2008

Bangkok 10-13 Oct 2008

I was really looking forward to my trip to Bangkok early last week, but after the news about the serious clash between the demonstrators and police; my mood went downhill. I asked myself, did I need to cancel the trip as this was already a postponement from my Sept trip. I postponed that trip after Bangkok's previous Prime Minister declared a state of emergency during that time.

Anyway, I went ahead with my trip last Friday. The closest I got to the demonstrations was this:

They had a small demonstration at the Siam BTS station. I can't read the Thai words but I am guessing it's about the Tuesday's clashes as they were holding the pictures of those who were hurt and killed.

Other than that, things in Bangkok seemed business as usual. I did notice that there were not as many tourists around though... so indeed the demonstrations had made an impact to the tourism industry.

Anyhow, I really enjoyed myself... I always like this place and will continue to go there whenever possible. Like many of our previous trips there, we spent most of our time eating and lepaking around the shopping complexes. You would think I shopped a lot, right? You are wrong, I didn't get a single thing, serious!!!

Escalators

The hall in front of IMAX, Siam Paragon

CentralWorld

This is my favourite chain restaurant in Thailand. The food there is reaaalllllyyyy tasty!!!

Thailand Balloon Fest in CentralWorld

Car park... no la, it's the Bangkok jam

Must also go pray pray la..

Korea Festival at Siam Paragon

Siam Paragon, a very nice shopping complex

Some Thai pop stars officiating Marie France. No idea who they are but with the amount of screaming fans, they should be huge there.

We all need more love!!

I love this!! It's pork/beef stew noodles. Yum.... I took this everyday when I was there.

During this trip too, I managed to meet up an ex-university mate who is working in Bangkok. She took some time off and drove us to the ancient city of Ayutthaya. I will do a post on that later. That place was the highlight of my trip this time around.

Recent Related Posts



Widget by Hoctro | Jack Book