Sunday, June 1, 2008

Fish Spa

I have heard of Fish Spa for a while now but have not given it any thought until yesterday. While window shopping in Midvalley, we came across Kenko Reflexology & Fish Spa and decided to give it a try. The fish spa treatment is not really so expensive, it's RM38 for half an hour... and this is only for the feet treatment.


Every customer will be issued an access card which serves as your time keeper. After washing your legs (yes... they do not want your smelly feet to kill those fish!), you will scan your access card to enter into the treatment area. 30 minutes after that, your number and name will be flashed on the LCD monitor to tell you that your time is up.

There were 2 round and 3 rectagular pools where these so called Doctor Fish were. Different pools have different sizes of fish. When I dipped my feet into the first one, it was so ticklish that I could not help shrieking. The aunty who shared the same pool as me looked at me with suppressed laughter.



I didn't want to embarrass myself further, so I concentrated and focused on something else...taking pictures. After a while, I got used to the sensation and tried the different pools there. Those fish were really a hungry bunch as once you dipped your feet in, a whole school of them would be nibbling away.


I am not sure how effective it is but I have to say that after the treatment, the soles of my feet did actually feel smoother.

After I reached home, I did some reading on this Fish Spa craze. Do click on the link for more info.

There are these debates going around about how most of the spas here are not using the original Doctor Fish which originated from Turkey. Most of these outlets are using a cheaper alternative called the "Chin Chin" from China which to us is known as "Tilapia". Those which nibbled on my feet yesterday were definitely baby tilapias.

Oh well... I am not really sure whether this should be bothering me. I guess as long as they do the job and nibble away my dead skins, I am fine with it.... oh and as long as they are NOT from the following species:

PIRANHA!!

Recent Related Posts



Widget by Hoctro | Jack Book