Monday, February 18, 2008

This too, shall pass

There was this one scene in the movie "My Best Friend's Wedding" which made a very deep impression to me even now. I may not remember how the scene went exactly or what the exact dialogue was, but I can definitely remember the message.

For those of you who do not know this movie, it was about this girl (Julia Roberts...I love her!) who after hearing that her best friend (Dermot Mulroney) is getting married, discovered that she actually loved him. So she went for the wedding preparation with hopes in getting the guy back.

Movie PosterThere was this particular scene where she finally accepted the truth and was crying at the door of a hotel room. Along came a bellboy who upon seeing her condition consoled her by saying that according to his grandmother, "This too, shall pass"...

When we are in emotional distress, there seem to be this dark cloud which follows us everywhere... and we are not able to see clearly. We seem to be drowning endlessly in our sorrows...and so we think. We forgot that like everything else, "This too, shall pass". We just need a little more time to let the cloud settle, and sunlight will come again.

SunlightI know it's easier said than done. I have been there... many times, trust me! Not so easy when the mind is so blurry with self pity. That's why we need something/somebody to remind us that there is a light at the end of the tunnel.

"This too, shall pass"... we should never forget this powerful phrase.

P/S I need to chant this phrase often this week as I am on my 24/7 technical support duty which I hate so so much!

Recent Related Posts



Widget by Hoctro | Jack Book