Thursday, July 19, 2007

Right place, Right time?

To go to my office, I usually take this route where I have to turn in from the main road to a small lane at this small housing area. The main road is basically a 2 laned road; 1 lane is on my direction and 1 lane on the opposite direction. So for me to turn to the housing area, I will need to stop in the middle of the road in my direction, then cross the lane from the opposite direction.

So yesterday as I was using the same route, like always I stopped in the middle of my lane waiting for the cars from the opposite direction to clear before I make the turn. Along came this huge SUV travelling from the opposite direction who decided to be kind. He basically stopped his car in front of me and gestured for me to make the turn. What he didn't know was that there were motorcycles passing through by his side. His car being a huge SUV was blocking my view and I wasn't able to see whether there were more motorcycles passing through. So if I were to make the turn and a motorcycle happened to pass through, there would definitely be a collision.

So I decided to just stay put and gestured for him to move on instead. I think he took my "rejection" badly that he made a rude gesture at me and moved on. After he had moved, the traffic cleared and I made my usual turn.

The point of this posting is that sometimes we think we are being kind to someone... but we failed to think whether the help is at the right place and at the right time. I appreciated the kindness that the man showed me... but I was a bit disappointed for the rude gesture that he made after that. I guess he just need to understand that even though he extended his help, it is still up to the other person to consider whether to accept the help or not.... after all, only the other person would know the effect of it.

Recent Related Posts



Widget by Hoctro | Jack Book